RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
The Research and Development Cell aims to nurture research culture in the College by promoting research in newly emerging and challenging areas of Engineering, Technology, Science and Humanities Research is the backbone of academics. It simplifies concept building and transforms new ideas into innovations in pursuance of a new era of passion for researches. Each finding gives immense pleasure and multiplies enthusiasm towards achieving target.
It encourages the students and faculty to undertake the research in newly emerging frontier areas of Engineering, Technology, Science and Humanities including multidisciplinary fields. This enhances the general research capability of budding technocrats by way of motivating them to participate in conferences, seminars, workshops, project competition, etc.
- To create awareness and opportunities in Research and Development among the students & faculty and to create Research and Development atmosphere in every department.
- To create interest and atmosphere among the staff members to take up Research projects and improve their knowledge, skills and qualifications by registering Ph. D’s.
- To motivate the faculty members of the group for R&D activities in the area of their specialization.
- To encourage staff members and students to publish technical papers for publishing in National and reputed International Conferences/Journals.
- To undertake research activities and development projects offered by agencies such as ISRO, DRDO, CSIR, DST, AICTE, UGC, INFOSYS,L&T etc.
- To assist the students to apply funding for conducting research under student project scheme to various funding agencies like IEI (I), DRDO.
- To assist for applying and getting funds for conducting Seminar/Workshop/FDP from various available funding agencies.
- To maintain and disseminate current information about relevant research policy areas and initiatives in government, in the professions and in relevant industries, including external funding opportunities.
- To work with various departments to establish and develop faculty research priorities on interdisciplinary areas.
- To coordinate faculty level workshops and staff development activities on research-related issues.
OUTCOMES OF R&D
- Enhanced number of research proposals, quality publications and patents
- Enhanced interaction with R&D organizations and institutes
- Awareness in students about recent advances and developments in science, engineering and technology
- Enhanced involvement of faculty and students to solve industrial and societal problems
- Enhanced participation of students in national and international innovation activities like India Innovation Challenge Design Contest, NES Innovation Awards, Gandhian Young Technological Innovation (GYTI)-SRISTI, L&T Techgium, Smart India Hackthon , Unisys, cloud 20-20, Infra mind, EnginX, Code vita ,ISTE, Testimony, TCS innovate, India Science Festival, Yes Bank etc.,
- Analytical studies
- Cause-and -remedy studies
- Design of systems/components/processes
- Development of industrial products/systems
- Development of systems software/application software for offline/online applications.
- Development of laboratories
- Recruitment/entrance examinations
- Testing of industrial products/samples
- Validation of designs/drawings
- Advisory member to Governing Body of Industry/Institution
- Good interaction with industry
- Good Interaction with society
- Generating fund through consultancy
- Improvement in product design and development skills
DEPARTMENT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
|Lab Name||Facilities Available|
|Material Testing Lab||Rockwell Hardness Testing Machine|
|Universal Testing machine-40T|
|Impact Testing Machine|
|Manufacturing Process Lab||HASS USA MAKE TOOL ROOM LATHE MODEL TL -2|
|HASS USA MAKE TOOL ROOM MILL MODEL TM-1|
|Metallurgy Lab||MuffleFurnace 6” x 6” x12” 3.75KW|
|Mechanical Measurements Lab||Co-axial Trinocular Research Met. Microscope Model Vision Plus 5000 TM|
|Roughness Tester with Comparator|
|Portable Surface Roughness Tester Model TR100|
|CAD lab||Pro/Engineer 4.0 Software|
|TK solver & Machine Design Software|
|Edge cam & NC Part Programming|
DELIMA V5 Software
|Composite Lab||Mechanical Stirrer for composite Open mould process Sprayer|
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
|Lab Name.||Facilities Available|
|Power Electronics lab||Power & Harmonic Analyzer|
|Power Electronics lab||MATLAB software
Lab VIEW software
|Microprocessor and Micro Controller lab||Low cost USB IC Programmers & Development Board (Top 2008)|
|Microprocessor and Micro Controller lab||Rigol 70 MHz Digital Storage Oscilloscope|
|Microprocessor and Micro Controller lab||PIC Microcontroller with development board. model with Programmer|
|Microprocessor and Micro Controller lab||Top view Device Programmer C(Universal Programmer for Atmel & NXP 8051)|
|Microprocessor and Micro Controller lab||100 MHz Digital Oscilloscope|
|Electrical Machines Lab||a. Switched Reluctance Motor (680W)
b. Permanent DC motor (4pole/250W)
c. Double cage induction motor (2 pole/250W)
d. Switched reluctance hub motor (12/18 pole/200W)
|Electrical Machines Lab||CAD Tools
a. MagNet 32 bit software package
b. ANSYS Multiphysics software package
c. AutoCAD drafting tools
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- Design of Controllers
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Power System
- Special Electrical machines
- Optimization Techniques
- Artificial intelligence
- Flexible AC Transmission System
- Smart Grid
- Renewable Energy
- Design Software’s like ANSYS, INFOLYTICA MAGNET, CAD, QUICKFIELD, ANSOFT MAXWELL