INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC)
IQAC in the institution was constituted in the academic year 2013 with an assessment to initiate, plan and monitor different activities which are important to maintain and improve the quality of education imparted, and also well defined in the quality policy of the institution. IQAC focuses on quality enrichment of teaching, learning, evaluation, research, extension and consultancy opportunities. The IQAC meets periodically to review the progress of the institution and its quality enhancement based on the criteria directed by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and suggests actions for further strengthening the quality of academic programmes and ensure the quality through continuous monitoring.
VISION OF THE IQAC
To build and ensure a quality culture aimed at all round excellence in the educational practices, processes and methods.
MISSION OF THE IQAC
- To be the driving force for ushering in quality to remove deficiencies and enhance quality.
- To channelize and systematize the efforts and measures towards academic excellence
- To be the driving force for escorting in quality to remove deficiencies and enhance quality
- To encourage departments to establish student Learning-centric environment to use ICT tools for teaching and learning process and to inculcate value–based education system.
- To encourage Departments to organize Seminars, Workshops, Orientation and Faculty Development Program
- To assess the annual progress of Departments through internal and external audit
- To ensure an effective and transparent operations to achieve excellence in Academic, Administrative and Financial activities
- To develop an Institutional data base and documentation of the various activities leading to quality improvement
- To ensure the adequacy, timely maintenance and smooth functioning of the support structure
- To build association with stakeholders and to stimulate Social Responsibility
FUNCTIONS OF IQAC AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing ethical work culture in the Institute
- Establish and implement quality benchmarks for academic and administrative activities.
- Organizing inter and intra Institutional Workshops, Seminars,awareness, Project Exhibition and Research activities
- Plays an vital role in the institute for coordinating various activities ensuring quality including adoption and dissemination of best methods and practices
- Ensuring a learner-centric ambience conducive for quality education and for continual improvement
- Emphasize faculty expertise to adopt the knowledge, technology and innovations for participatory teaching and learning process
- Conduct periodic audits of academic, administrative and research activities for quality assessment.
- Arrange for feedback from different stakeholders, Analyze and suggest remedial actions for all stakeholder satisfaction.
- Prepare Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per norms and submit it to NAAC periodically.
- To plan and advice the Governing Body on infrastructure and facilities.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the college
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
OUTCOMES OF IQAC
- Accredited by NAAC with A Grade
- Accredited by NBA-AICTE, NEW Delhi
- ISO 9001 : 2000 Certified institution
- Accredited by the TATA Consultancy services
- EDU RAND ranked as the best Engineering college in Puducherry state and one among top 50 colleges in Tamil Nadu
- Best college and branch award based on CENTAC rank AAA+ by Carrer 360°
- Education world, a human development magazine has ranked the college as one among top 100 Private Engineering institutions in India
- Best college award for “Sustainable industry partnership(SIIP)” by SEED
- Best intuitions award among top 15 in India by IBM-TGMC
- Recipient of Awards of Excellence from innovation of Engineering and Technology
- Recipient of Awards of Excellence from Entrepreneurs council of India.
- Recipient of Astra achiever award
- Improved student intake and admission
- Enhancement in faculty qualification & knowledge upgradation towards recent technology
- Improvement in academic results and placement
- Improvement in research facilities and projects
- Improvement in entrepreneurship development through TBI & MSME cell
- More linkages with industries
- Improved participation of student in various national and international level competition like Smart India Hackathon, Enginex, Testimony, Code Vita, Inframind, Tata Crucible Campus Hackathon, Gandhian Young Technological Innovation award, etc…..
- Involvement in reducing curricular gap and thus upgrading of UG, PG &Ph.D regulations
- Improved infrastructure facilities
- Establishment of more centre of excellence like
- IBM centre of Excellence
- Infosys “Campus Connect” Centre of Excellence
- HaritaTechserv centre of Excellence
- Auto Desk Centre of Excellence
- DELL EMC Centre of academic Excellence
- Introduced new program which will be benefited to both society and Nation.
- Improvement in number of titles and volumes in the library
- Improvement in research, extension & consultancy activities
PARAMETERS FOR ACADEMIC AUDIT
- Number of add-on / bridge courses offered
- Number of courses offered in emerging areas
- Number of Guest / Expert Lectures
- Quality of students input (First Rank / Last Rank)
- Teacher Qualifications (Qualification Upgradation, if any)
- Faculty Development Programs attended by the faculty
- Faculty Development Programs organized by the Department
- Faculty membership in technical forums
- Research proposals / projects
- Papers published by the faculty / students
- Grants received
- Technical clubs
- Student Technical Association activities
- Student co-curricular/ Extracurricular activities
- Library books added
- Major & minor equipment procured
- Student Welfare Schemes
- Students counselling services
- Examination Results of students
- Remedial/reinforcement/make-up classes
- Students progression to higher studies
- Placement details
- Budget Utilization
- Discipline / Anti-ragging / Gender equity issues