Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering offers under graduate in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Post Graduate in M.Tech-Power Electronics and Drives with industry required syllabus. It offers Professional and need based continuing education to conduct training Programmes in frontier areas of Electrical Engineering on par with consultancy and technical services to the industry. The Department is considered as a unique centre for promotion of excellence in Electrical Engineering and has been successfully fulfilling its role in the rocketing technologies era. The faculty members have the tireless effort in contributing research papers to International journals like IEEE, Elseveir and Springer etc.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering discipline is multi-disciplinary in nature, representing a veritable synergy of different technologies. To meet the challenges of the new millennium, we train our students in the areas like artificial neural networks, fuzzy logic, finite element analysis, computer aided design of electrical machines, micro-controllers and digital signal processing, generation, transmission and distribution of power, Power system operation and control, Electrical Machines, Power Electronics and their control using computer methods etc.
Programme Educational Objectives
The Programme Educational Objectives(PEOs) of the department program in tune with the vision and mission of the department are
- To provide technical knowledge, skill and competence to identify, comprehend and solve problems in industry, research and academics related to Machineries, power and electronic hardware.
- To prepare and inspire the students to become future researchers / scientists with innovative ideas for a sustainable development and to prepare the student to excel in imbibing the concept of higher education.
- To induce the students to design electrical, electronic and computing system that are innovative and society acceptable and to motivate the student to exhibit professionalism, ethics, communication skills and team work.
- To motivate them to adapt to current trends through lifelong learning and to motivate the students to do useful and application oriented research.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Able to utilize the knowledge of power electronics in collaboration with power systems in innovative, dynamic and challenging environment for the research based teamwork
- Can explore the scientific theories, ideas, methodologies and the new cutting edge technologies in renewable energy engineering and use this erudition in their professional envelopment and again sufficient competence to solve the current and future energy problems universally.
- Talented to analyze, design, and implement electrical and electronics systems and deal with the rapid pace of industrial innovations and developments
Short Term Goals
- To improve academic excellence.
- To modernize all the laboratories.
- To organize various add on courses for the students.
- To encourage the students to participate in community development programs.
- To encourage the faculty to participate in National / International events and also in research activities.
Long Term Goals
- Upgrading infrastructure and lab facilities from time to time and providing adequate opportunities for students and researchers to explore their innovative ideas.
- Bringing innovative products by providing innovative teaching learning process.
- Acquiring patent and strengthening Industry-Institute Interaction.
- Making a perfect blend of industrial exposure coupled with good technical base.
- Offering additional M.Tech courses as well as Ph.D in the department.
- Achieving 100% results and placements.
- Providing society oriented services.
- To train for central civil service examinations like IES ,IFS, IAS and IPS.
- Developing products through Technology Business Incubators (TBI) cell in turn to develop entrepreneur skills among the students.
- Training the students to get employment in the public sectors through our technical training.
- Developing centre of excellence in the field of “Machines”&“Control automation” through innovative R&D work.
- Improving Industry-Institute Interaction.
Vision & Mission
“To be an effective source of technical manpower for the nation and to contribute to the growth of the nation by constantly upgrading the quality of technical education by meeting the challenging needs of the twenty first century and effectively coordinating the activities of the staff, students and the industry while keeping up the ethical and moral standards required”.
- To provide quality education with ethical values
- To train and educate students with all round competitiveness.
- To develop the department as a Centre for research studies in various specialized areas and to strengthen the Industry-Institute Interaction.
- To motivate students to go for higher studies and to undertake society oriented research.
|1||B.Tech||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||4 years||180|
|2||M.Tech||Power Electronics and Drives||2 Years||18|