The Department of Information Technology offers a concrete atmosphere for students to learn and acquire necessary skills demanded by the industry. The Department has been well recognized for producing efficient professionals with outstanding academic performance. Our aim is to provide quality education to the students and impart IT excellence in them. Apart from making the students as good technocrats, individual attention is also given to make the student a good citizen and also to serve the industry and society beneficially. The Department has experienced faculty members who are fully committed to teaching and research. The Department also provides various add on courses to the students. The Department always strives to reach the latest technology and advancement in this field to the young technowizards as well as applicants by inviting the corporate legends, experienced academicians to enlighten the IT community of our Department.
Vision of the Department
To produce dynamic and versatile software engineers adaptable to the every increasing demands of emerging technologies involving analytical and practical skills and enabling them to face any challenges in the global network
Mission of the Department
- Competence (M1): To provide excellent IT engineers with strong analytical, programming and problem solving skills to meet the prerequisites of the existing world and future
- Exemplar (M2): To instill the institution ethics in their field to cope with the needs of society
- Complaisant (M3): To accord a prompt and courteous professional in the IT sector
- Eminence (M4): To bring the overall personality development of students for the unmatched academic excellence in near future
Programme Educational Objectives
- PEO1 - Expertise: To provide essential background in Science, Basic Electronics and applied Mathematics
- PEO2 - Fortify: To prepare the students with fundamental knowledge in programming languages and in developing applications
- PEO3 - Equip: To develop skill in understanding the complexity in networking, security, data mining, web technology and mobile communicationso as to develop innovative applications and projects in these areas for the betterment of society, as well as to enable them to pursue higher education
- PEO4 - Endow: To enable the students as full-fledged professionals by providing opportunities to enhance their analytical, communication skills and problem solving skills along with organizing abilities
- PEO5 - Conventional: To familiarize the students with the ethical issues in engineering profession, issues related to the worldwide economy, nurturing of current job related skills and emerging technologies
Programme Specific Objectives
- PSO1 : Establishment of Mathematical and computer systems concepts: To use mathematical and system concepts to solve multidisciplinary problems using appropriate mathematical analysis, system and programming concepts on various computing environments
- PSO2 : Establishment of communication and information concepts: To inculcate good breadth of knowledge to apply and enhance informatics and communication technologies
- PSO3 : Establishment of Business, Technological concepts: The ability to interpret and respond to business agility with relevant software tools and skills and provide newer ideas and innovations in information technology research
Short Term Goals
- To strengthen the infrastructure and human resources.
- To conduct programme for students to acquire soft and hard skills.
- To inculcate leadership qualities, research orientation technical skills.
- To achieve a minimum of 90% pass in all subjects.
Long Term Goals
- To establish center of excellence for research in the field of computers.
- To take up sponsored projects from private and government organizations.
- To increase the number of publications and patents.
- To produce 100% placement in MNC companies.